Thursday, September 18, 2008

Roommates


These used to live in my house. They are spiders, and they are big, and slow, and stupid, and I think a little blind. But they are gross, and they abounded this spring and summer, after a prolific rain (for here) caused pretty green things to grow all over our yard, which seemed an ideal place for these newfound friends to make their home. They were not satisfied with their little leafy green roofs, however, and promptly moved into OUR house. Between the three of us, Danielle, Kim and myself, we slew scores of them. I'm sure the spider world bears us quite a bit of ill will, due to our relentless massacre of anything arachnid-esque. I'm not a bug connoisseur, nor do I relish showing pictures of yucky, crawly insects to you, my helpless and innocent readers. However, the insect world is one that is closely linked to the world in which I live at the moment, and there is no escaping that cold, hard fact. So here. Partake a little. And hope I don't decide to regale you with stories of deer slayers (quite frightening, until you realize that you are, indeed, bigger than them, and can therefore crush them with minimal effort, if you don't mind the squish) and other fun insect friends that dwell among us.

No comments: