Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The guilt hath caught up with me

I attended a workshop today at this sweet missions conference that I've been attending since Monday. Well, first let me say that thus far things have been pretty sweet. I mean, sweet worship, nice people, and guys talking about their crazy experiences in war-torn countries.

And the food is good.

But the workshop was about maintaining the connection with the home church and friends and stuff, and I began to squirm a little as I remembered just how long it's been since I've sent out an actual newsletter or some sort of informative email. And I feel bad, because there is a whole lot of stuff I couldn't have done without all of you who love and like me. Like go to the mission field. So thanks. And you have my solomn promise that I will try to be better at communicating with all of you. I know that there are some who are just waiting eagerly evey moment for some sort of news from me. I will work to satisfy your anticipation.

So, coming soon, a good and proper email chock full of information that you may or may not find interesting.

1 comment:

William said...

You make a lot of great points there! Connections are great for a few reasons:

* Prayer, who doesn't need prayer! I need it more than most!

* Support - If folks know what you are going through it helps to know that folks out there care for you!

Anyroads! I learned sooooo much at the Mission Conference and I am just waiting on God's confermation to my next step. Until then I will just carry on doing what I am doing, teaching the word!

God Bless!