Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fish...

Well, I've been gone from Mexico for almost a month, but now I'm back! I went to my friend Faith's wedding in Nevada, and then I got a call from my mum to come home and take care of her after some surgeries that she was having done. So, being the good daughter that I try to be, I went. And, actually, even though things with my mom's surgeries did not go as planned, I had a really, really good time with my family. The bonus is that I really, genuinely like every member of my family, so being with them is not a punishment for me at all.
Okay, sometimes they get on my nerves. The flip side is that sometimes I get on theirs. So we're even. It works.
I got back on Sunday night. And Danielle and Jen and Joanne and Rachel met me at Papa Rubens' for tacos, which was lovely. Then, Danielle, who was that day gifted with two rather large and geeky looking fish from her friend Pepe, took one look at them and decided that she would rather take pictures.
If you look closely, you can see that our fishy friends have buckteeth. Buckteeth! They looked like the comedy relief for some bad cartoon. I named mine Jerry, I think. Then I sliced him open. Eeeww.

And Joanne and I smelled like fish for a good long while.

Danielle is going to ask Pepe to clean the fish before he gives them to her, next time.


3 comments:

Jen said...

I think it would be fun to cut a fish up sometime, but I bet I would wimp out. Not b/c it's gross, it's not. But I don't like feeling like I'm hurting a ¨living¨ thing. Did I just type Umlats? Oh well.

Pastor Lloyd said...

Uhhh, thot you should know I looked up these fish's condition in the Zoological Environmental Report 2007. The buck teeth comes from a parasite called boscenalie whose eggs survive even 400 degrees cooking temperature that when consumed by whatever predator including man hatch and move to the central nervous system. There they remain dormant for months but release an enzyme which affects balance and coordination and gullibility.

What you need to do to get rid of them is first not believe a word your uncle has written up to now. Sorry, couldn't resist! Blessings! Praying for you. Uncle Lloyd

raych said...

Poor little fish. Grade school must have been hell.