Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sometimes all it takes is Canasta

Contrary to popular belief, this has not been a bad week. That is, some bad things have happened, but the general tone has been mild, or even upbeat.

Except for that day I found my car vandalized and tires punctured and battery and stereo stolen (I think they made a mistake with the stereo. It was breaking anyway).

And except for that time I almost punched an angry teenage girl with serious temper issues.

And maybe except for that time that same girl decided that the best way to punish me was to ignore me completely.

Actually, that last one isn't so bad. At least, I don't mind.

The bright side of things are as follows:

I am surrounded with little children who love to cuddle and are full of refreshingly innocent observations.

I get to hang out with Jen.

I have rediscovered my penchant for maintaining a sort of controlled chaos.

I have realized once again that I actually do like children.

I also like adolescents, but I like them better when they like me.

And I get to play canasta from time to time with random visitors.

Also, I have discovered that waking up at five thirty for prayer is not as detrimental to my health as I had previously imagined.

And Tani comes back tomorrow. Which relieves me of at least the pressure of being the coolest one in the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you liked kids despite your constant denial of that fact. I'm glad you've come to realize it too ;)

Jen said...

I like adolescents when they like me also.

I'm glad you're here.